Getting into legal disputes with your loved ones can be an inconvenience at best, but a life-altering and emotional rollercoaster at worst. We understand that family legal issues can be among the most sensitive and heartbreaking situations a person can deal with, which is why we treat every client as if they were one of our own. Attorney Laura Copp is a compassionate, experienced, and reliable family lawyer who helps clients throughout Amarillo achieve successful solutions to their family problems.
We understand that it takes a lot for someone to express their personal family issues to an attorney, and our goal is to help make the process as smooth and comfortable for you as possible. Through patience, dedication, and uncompromising representation, we’ve helped countless clients move forward with peace of mind. Allow our family lawyer to help you achieve this outcome by retaining The Law Office of Laura E. Copp for all your legal family needs. You can count on us to go above and beyond to help secure a favorable outcome in your situation.
Hope is just a phone call away at (806) 424-4330! We look forward to hearing from you.
Family Law Services in Amarillo
We recognize that family legal matters know no boundaries. That’s why our family law attorney strives to serve clients in a broad range of legal capacities pertaining to family law. Clients have turned to our firm to help guide them through legal situations including, but not limited to:
- Adoption: Looking to add a new member to your family? This is an exciting time. However, it is notoriously long and complex. That’s why you should retain our lawyer to help you navigate the adoption process, complete all the paperwork accurately, and represent your best interests each step of the way. We aim to make the adoption process as smooth and efficient as possible so you can focus on making a home for your newest loved rather than stress over the legal work.
- Child custody and visitation: Among the most hotly-contested issues in family law, child custody and visitation require a strategic yet balanced approach, as these matters require parties to reach mutually agreeable solutions to their family legal issues. Determining who gets custody of your child as well as arranging viable visitation schedules is not as easy as it may sound, but with the help of a skilled and experienced lawyer like Laura Copp, you can rest assured that a workable solution is possible.
- Child Protective Services (CPS): Any encounter with child protective services can be heartbreaking and discouraging. CPS intervenes when allegations of child abuse and neglect arise. So, if CPS has contacted you for any reason, we encourage you to retain powerhouse representation from our lawyer today. Attorney Copp can protect your rights while working toward a favorable outcome for both you and your child.
- Divorce: No one gets married expecting the marriage to eventually dissolve. These unexpected circumstances can take a heavy toll on both spouses, their children, and their loved ones altogether. During an emotional time like this, you want a compassionate, patient, and responsive attorney who can help you open a new chapter in your life ― a new “happily ever after,” if you will. For these reasons and more, you’ve come to the right place.
- Child support: Many times, the custodial parent feels as though they aren’t getting enough child support while the noncustodial parent feels like they’re paying too much. Whichever side you stand, know that we can help you reach a mutual solution that continues to support your child first and foremost.
- Termination of parental rights: A legal parent-child relationship can be terminated either voluntarily or involuntarily. Involuntary termination of parental rights occurs when a parent is deemed unfit to care for their child, while voluntary termination of parental rights can occur when a parent is placing their child for adoption or foster care. In either case, our family lawyer can represent you in the process, ensuring the best interests of you and your child are protected at all costs.
- LGBTQ+ divorce: Although same-sex marriage was legalized in 2015, disparities in the divorce process still exist in the Texas family court systems. The courts have yet to “catch up” and address the many ambiguities at hand. These are some of the many reasons you need a lawyer who is well-versed and competent in handling LGBTQ+ divorces, such as our very own attorney Copp!
The Laura Copp Difference
Choosing a family law attorney to guide you through this sensitive time in your life can be a difficult decision, but we can help make that decision a little bit easier. Choose wisely by retaining The Law Office of Laura E. Copp for trustworthy and effective legal counsel. We want to help you make informed decisions, exploring all your options before anything is set in stone. Our goal is to help clients in Amarillo restore their peace of mind, which is made possible because of our wealth of skillsets, knowledge, and legal tools.
What else sets our firm apart? Take a look:
- 24/7 availability: Responsiveness is key. As such, attorney Copp is available around the clock to provide guidance, support, and clarity to those who need it most.
- One-on-one guidance through each step in the process: Whether or not it’s your first time in the family court system, you can expect direct guidance at every stage in the process.
- Constantly updating defense tactics to ensure the best possible result: We don’t settle for less than what our clients need and deserve. To help us achieve this bottom line, our lawyer constantly refines her legal strategies to ensure our clients get the most advanced legal services and successful case results.
- Honesty and transparency about possible case outcomes: Honest is the best policy, especially in family legal matters. Far too many lawyers overpromise and underdeliver, but we don’t operate like that. Our transparent approach to legal representation allows clients to have a realistic idea of where their situation is heading rather than have false hope. You don’t deserve a “sugar-coated” answer. You deserve the truth, and that’s what we’re here for.
Ready to discuss your situation? Get in touch with us online or at (806) 424-4330!
Laura E. Copp Founding Attorney
Phone Is Answered 24/7
Educates Clients on What to Expect Through Each Step
Driven & Always Refining Defense Tactics
100% Honest About Possible Case Outcomes